CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 27, 2009

A quilt for my Grandma

I'm starting on another quilt project. I think that makes 5 projects going at once just for quilting! Sheesh!
But my Grandma is turning 88 next month and she's been told now she can't travel anymore:-(
She really wanted to come out here to see the kidlets. They are getting so big!
She's in Nebraska and we are in California, so not a short trip, but we can't make it out there for awhile so I thought maybe she would like a quilt with the kids hand and foot prints appliqued on it.
I decided on the nine patch, since I am already in the groove from making them for crazymom's quilt along
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2009/07/anyone-up-for-round-2.html
Her favorite color is purple so I am going with a purple/pinkish theme with white sashing. I need to get this done in just a few weeks so it can get to her on time. I'll post pictures soon. I've got the fabric all cut and am sewing right now.
Wish me luck! I think I am going to need it!

No comments: