CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Getting ready for Fall

Not that we really have seasons here, well, except for summer. We always have summer;-)
But it's fun to get into the spirit of Fall anyway!

I finally got around to finishing the kid's Halloween quilt.
I bought the charm packs for this last year and had intended to make something with it then, but I never got around to it.
I made small hourglass blocks from the charm packs and appliqued the pumpkins, ghost and letters on a Kona Cotton Black background.
I still think it needs something, but oh well, its too late now. And the kids are happy and that's what counts:-)







Bella claimed it as her "bankie" (blankie) right away;-)

And we made an apple pie. Yummmmmmmmmmmm
This was my first time doing a lattice crust. It didn't turn out so pretty, but it sure tasted good!


It's all brown on top because this pie had a yummy carmel like sauce that you pour over the top before baking.  I was so happy with this recipe because I've made many apple pies and my filling always runs. It never gets firm. I didn't think this one would set up because I've never added liquid to my pies, but it did! :-D:-D
Recipe is here

No comments: