CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Finally finishing dino quilt

Gosh, I'm such a slacker sometimes. You can probably tell that by how often I remember this blog. I'll try to be better. I promise!
I started a quilt for my son back around Christmas with the ever so cute dinosaur uproar fabric by Cheri Strole for Moda http://mordac.unitednotions.com/storefrontB2CWEB/browse.do?action=refresh_browse&ctg_id=108967
I love charm squares! They make quilting so much easier and FUN! I am scissor challenged. I don't know what my problem is. I cannot cut a straight line. Ever. I measure and measure and measure and I use my nifty rotary cutter and I still can't get a straight line. So, for me, charm packs and jelly rolls, and more recently honey buns and turnovers ( gotta love all the yummy names!) are perfect!

Anyway, I pieced it before Christmas, I quilted it a month or 2 ago and started on binding it. Then I forgot it.
Well, I found it today and am finally finishing binding it. I'll show you pics whenI get it all finished.

Btw, Heather Bailey has a really good tute for binding your quilt. http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/photos/continuous_quiltbinding/index.html
I was clueless, seriously, until I read this. Now it all makes sense. So many thanks to Heather for fabulous instructions!

No comments: