CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Bella's Tutu




Not quite as full as I wanted it to be, but it sure looks cute! Of course, I'm not biased or anything*Grin*

This was really easy to make too. I've made the no sew kind before and I'm not a huge fan of those. They just didn't work for me. They didn't look very nice. I sewed this one, but it sounds so much harder than it was. It was so easy!

All I did was take my tulle, bought off the bolt, not on the roll. I used about 3 yards of 54" wide for this tutu and Miss Bella wears about a 2T.

Anyway, I folded it in half lengthwise, then in half lengthwise again, so I had 4 layers all together. Then at my sewing machine I sewed a casing for the elastic about 1" away from the fold.

I cut my elastic to the size of her waist MINUS about 3 " because the elastic needs to stretch. I stuck a safety pin in each end of my elastic and stuck one end through the tulle at one end of my casing to hold it in place and pulled the other safety pin through to the other side.. Then I just sewed the 2 ends of elastic together and Tada- Tutu for your princess. You can trim the ends of the tutu if you want to make it a little fluffier and even. I chose not to. Mainly just because I'm lazy;-)

I think I'll make her a white one next time and fill it with rose petals or something.

No comments: