CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

wow, I am a slacker











I just realized how long it has been since I've blogged. Bad Lisa!

So I just finished up Quilt#1 for the Old Red Barn Co Quilt aloing. http://oldredbarnco.blogspot.com/2009/05/quilt-along-week-1.html

I made 2, one for my daughter and one for me. Hers was made with Butterfly Fling and Spring Meadow Fabric, both from Moda.

Mine was made with various Michael Miller Prints. Paula Prass Flights of Fancy. Dude, I am loving that line. I neeeed to get the rest of the collection. I bought all of the prints I could find in my local store. Now I am on the hunt to find the rest. I also used some Ta Dot and some Boho Blossom. I am just about to start the quilting on that one now, but my daughters is finished so here it is in all it's glory.
I had alot of fun doing this quilt. It was ALOT of cutting, but so worth it! Dana has great instructions for cutting and evening up those uneven edges. My fabric has never been so straight. YAY!

I have always had problems cutting. I don't know what my problem is. I think I may have some kind of cutting disorder. I could never cut a straight line before. I know, it seems simple, right? Line up the edges, get a ruler, a rotary cutter, and you can't miss, right? Wrong. I always ended up with crooked cuts.
So I bought a new rotary cutter, an Olfa. Wow, I never knew there could be so much difference just because of a rotary cutter! This thing cuts through 8 layers of fabric like butter. I am in love!
My cutter was about 5 or 6 years old at least. I will never go back now that I know what a good rotary cutter should do!

No comments: