CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Spring Magic Coin Quilt

I love this quilt. Seriously. I love it. After I messed it up by not pinning the sashing to coin strips and the ever so sweet AmandaJean helped me figure out what was wrong, it came together beautifully. I used her tutorial by the way. It's over at Moda Bake Shop if you want to check it out. It was really easy and fun and super fast too!
I appliqued my kids' hand and foot prints onto the back of it. This was supposed to be for my Grandmother's birthday, which is this coming Friday. I got it all finished and ready to send out and I was having a really hard time parting with it. As luck would have it I got a card in the mail on my birthday (the 4th) from my cousin and his wife. See, my original idea was to make Grandma a quilt that had all of her great-grandkid's hands and feet on it, but I didn't hear back from my cousin for several weeks after I asked them to send me the tracings of their kid's hands and feet so I went ahead and did it with just my kids. Anyway, along with a birthday card I got the tracings. My husband knew that I really loved the way the quilt turned out so he suggested that I make a new one for Grandma which would include all of the kids. I had only 1 week to get a whole quilt top pieced, to get the applique done on the back, to get it quilted, bound and labeled. I've accomplished that! YAY! All except the labels which I am doing now. Whew, what a week!


I also tried quilting around the border of the coin quilt with a stencil pattern that I bought at Joann's. It's hard to really see the detail after it was washed but I still like it. I think it came out pretty nice!
Do you like my little "ghosts" behind the quilt? ;-)

I'll post pics of Grandma's quilt when I get the labels on.




























No comments: