CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Not craft related but....

I just have to share how happy I am!
Dh and I have been sponsers through World Vision for almost 1 year now. We started with one sponsered child in Zimbabwe. We loved it so much, we now have 2 more, from Malawi and Nicaragua, and you think, when starting out on something like this that you are trying to do your part in helping someone else have a better life, but that's only the beginning. Never did I imagine what it would do for me. 
I mean the things that are going on even now in other parts of the world are just heartbreaking. And that alot of the people who are hurting the most are children just tears me up inside.
We can't really afford to do this. We are struggling like alot of people, but it is important to take care of those less fortunate than ourselves. We may not have everything we want, but it's worth it to know that we are making a difference.
We received our annual pictures of our sponsered children this past week, along with letters from them, and updates on them, their families, and how we directly helped them and their communities. It is so awesome to see them smiling now, and to know that they are getting good food, clean water, medical care, and good schooling. Things that I take for granted living in the U.S.
Our youngest sponsered child just turned 2 in July and they sent her little handprint along with her picture.
I never knew that I could love these children as much as I do. I nearly cried getting these letters! I've never actually met them. But I feel honored and so thankful to God for letting me be a part of their lives.

No comments: