CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Margaret's Hope Chest

Margaret's Hope Chest is collecting quilts for kids who are homeless in the Grand Rapids Michagan Public School System.
She has a goal of 400 quilts. If you quilt, consider making one for this great cause, or you can send in quilt tops and they will finish them off for you!
I made 2, one finished and 1 quilt top.
I pulled all of this from my stash :-)
The girl quilt was easy to finish because I collect a ton of cute girly prints for my daughter. I have hardly any that were appropriate for a boy. I'm not in a position right now where I could buy any more fabric so I couldn't finish the boy quilt, but I wanted to send in one for each a boy and a girl and this is what I came up with:
2 Strawberry Lemonade Charm Packs, some Butterfly Fling Borders, and whole bunch of white Kona Cotton made up this top. I used Michael Miller's Itty Bitty Princess on the back and some cute pink fairy wands that I had on hand.











I've had some of this cute Salina Yoon fabric sitting around for awhile. I thought this would be perfect for a little boy! Added some stripes from Moda and viola. This was super easy. I think it maybe took me an hour to piece it together.
I'm still debating on sending in some more. I'm sure my dh would be thrilled if I would use up some of my stash ;-)

No comments: