CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Word Up

Wordup

I've been thinking on this since Kelly posted about our new theme, and I've finally decided on my word for the year:
Grace
noun

* a sense of what is right and proper; decency


* thoughtfulness toward others


* goodwill; favor


* the unmerited love and favor of God toward mankind

For me this word has double meaning: How I treat others & handle the stresses of life- I'd like to do all of that with more grace this year.
Grace also means God's Favor, and I want to remember all the "little" things that I take for granted everyday as being nothing less than God's favor to me. Every good thing in my life, big or small, is a gift. Every breath is a gift, and I don't want to take that for granted. Life is too short. I want to live it with Grace:-)

3 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a great word Lisa! Love all the definitions - and how you're hoping to apply it! Wishing you much grace throughout the year!!!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh this post and explaination is just beautiful! I really like it. Excellent word, and I'm sure you will live with Grace this year.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love your word.